Ensure have provided an ongoing programme of landfill management and reclamation for a former landfill located between residential areas in Stockport, Greater Manchester.
We have carried out a comprehensive review of the site history and supported the site owners in their dealings with the EA and Local Planning Authority. This has included:
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 site investigations
- Habitat assessments and arboriculture management adjacent to railway
- Drainage investigations in association with Network Rail
- Ongoing ground gas and leachate investigations and monitoring
- Development of reclamation scheme including Environmental Land Management (ELM) and Biodiversity Net Gain using Nature Based Solutions
- Development Options Appraisal including residential on part
- Meetings with EA and Local Authority
- Review of development proposals on adjacent municipal landfills
Ensure offer a comprehensive management service for former landfill sites and can drive options for redevelopment or repurposing of the site, whether for renewable energy schemes or Biodiversity Net Gain with Nature Based Solutions.